Tokyo, Japan - 日本語

Alteryxで大学をサポート!

Cheryl_Alteryx
Alteryx
Alteryx

こんにちは、日本コミュニティの皆さん!

私はAPACのAlteryx SparkEDチームのシェリルです。私たちは大学に無料で分析を教えることをサポートしており、採用マネージャーと優れた分析の才能を結びつけるお手伝いをしています。この分野でのアドバイスやサポートに情熱を持って提供できるボランティアをできるだけ多く集めたいと考えています。興味があれば、こちら(またはLinkedIn)で遠慮なくご連絡ください。

• カリキュラムサポート/アドバイス:講師たちはしばしばAlteryxに興味を持っていますが、それが彼らのコースにどのように適用されるかはわかりません [例:サプライチェーン分析、会計/監査、ファイナンス、リスク分析、ビッグデータ分析など]。機密データを含まないAlteryxのサンプルワークフローを提供したり、キャップストーンプロジェクト(例:学生が解決する実生活の業界問題)に貢献したり、講師に対してAlteryxをどのように/どのトピックで簡単に例示できるかアドバイスすることができれば、産業界と学術界とのギャップを埋める手助けができます。

• ゲスト講義/ワークショップ:時には、講師が授業で短いゲストスピーカーのセグメント(オンライン/対面)を主催したいと思っており、これにより学生に直接専門的な洞察を共有することができます。Alteryxを学生に紹介する素晴らしい実践的な方法として、短期間のワークショップを実施する機会も同様にあります。私から学生向けのワークショップデータセットのサンプルを提供することができますし、Alteryx Weekly Challengeを通して楽しくガイドすることもできます。

もちろん、あなたが大学とつながっていて、教授にAlteryxを紹介したいと考えている場合、彼らがAlteryxの教育の旅を始める手助けをいつでも喜んでします。(ただし、私たちの教育カリキュラムは英語ですのでご注意ください)

日本で次世代の分析専門家をサポートするのを楽しみにしています!サポートに興味がある場合は、こちらまたはメール(cheryl.lie@alteryx.com)でお気軽にご連絡ください。

Hello Japan Community!

I'm Cheryl from our Alteryx SparkED team in APAC & I support universities to teach and learn analytics (for free!) + to connect hiring managers to awesome analytics talent! I'm looking for as many volunteers as possible who are able and passionate about providing advice and support in any of these areas, please don't hesitate to reach out here (or on LinkedIn) if you're interested.

- Curriculum Support/Advice: Lecturers are often curious about Alteryx but they have no idea how it applies to their courses [e.g. Supply Chain Analytics, Accounting/Audit, Finance, Risk Analytics, Big Data Analytics, etc] If you're open to provide sample Alteryx workflows (with no confidential data, of course), or contribute to capstone projects (e.g. real life industry problems for students to solve), or advise lecturers how/which topics could Alteryx be exemplified easily, we can help to close the gap between industry and academia.

- Guest Lectures/Workshops: Sometimes, lecturers are keen to host a short guest speaking segment (online/in-person) in their lessons and this allows you to share your professional insights directly with students. There are also equal opportunities to run short workshops as a great hands-on way to introduce students to Alteryx. I can provide you with sample student workshop datasets to work with, or you can also guide them through a fun Alteryx Weekly Challenge.

And of course, if you're connected with your universities & keen to introduce Alteryx to the professors, I'm always happy to help them start their Alteryx teaching journey. (Note though that our teaching curriculum is in English)

Thank you & excited to have you supporting the next gen of analytics professionals in Japan! Please feel free to send me a note here or via email (cheryl.lie@alteryx.com) if you're keen to support. 

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Cheryl_Alteryx  I'm interested in this area, because Alteryx product is not so famous in Japanese educational institution. If more Japanese students user arise, Tokyo User Group will get more excited. I hope I could help somewhat, but I need to be clarified a bit more about this program.

Recently I registered for Mentor Connect program https://mentor.alteryx.com/, and want make it clear about difference from this program. In my understanding, Mentor Connect program is aimed at person(mentor)-to-person(mentee) activity. On the other hand, this program is aimed at company(mentor)-to-university(mentee) that should be organized in more formal way ...is this correct understanding on this program?

Cheryl_Alteryx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @gawa , yes that is correct. My outreach overlaps with the Mentor Connect program https://mentor.alteryx.com/ as both are part of the Alteryx SparkED program: https://www.alteryx.com/ja/sparked 

The Mentor Connect program is currently led by my colleague in the US, and the focus is for 1-1 (mentor-and-mentee) conversations / mentorship. This means helping students (or other mid-career professionals who are trying to switch careers) who reach out to request for help in their career / job skills, analytics skills and more. The problem is that there will be very few Japanese students joining this  mentorship program now because Alteryx is quite new to Japan, and many universities do not know about Alteryx yet. 

The outreach that I am leading is indeed more formal (company & university / customer/Alteryx user & university) if the customer/Alteryx user is able and keen to share about Alteryx SparkED with universities in Japan. It is always very helpful too when the professor is able to invite the customer/Alteryx user to share about the industry to students. For some of the other user groups (e.g. in Sydney/Malaysia/Hong Kong), we are also inviting professors to join the Alteryx user group meetings for their own learning and networking, so we can also do the same for the next Tokyo UG meeting). 

However, in the event that we are able to be connected to university student clubs in Tokyo (e.g. Business Analytics Student Clubs, Accounting Student Clubs etc), you may also have more student interactions, so it depends on whether we are able to gather interest from professors or students. 

Thank you! 

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Cheryl_Alteryx Thank you so much for elaborating about the concept. Well understood:)