Join us for our first meeting of the Alteryx Student User Group! Review the agenda and register now.

Student Discussions

Join our discussions about learning Alteryx SparkED Designer and data analytics. Learn, share, and connect with our community of learners.

Alteryx 2024 NYC Datathon

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

NYC Data Week Banner 2024_Registration-LP.png

Please use this discussion to post any/all questions you have about the event.

Alteryx is hosting a Datathon on Friday, March 22nd at Alteryx's New York City Office.

This thread will help answer questions with anything you might like to know about the in-person event on March 22nd and the preliminary round  happening through February 1, 2024 12:00 PM ET to March 13, 2024 11:59 PM ET - from how to register to details about the competition.

Post a question or comment and we will get back to you with all the information you need.

The Details:

Round 1 – The Virtual Qualifying Challenge

• Round 1 will begin at 12PM ET on February 1 and you will have until 11:59PM ET on March 13 to submit your solution. Round 1 is an individual challenge and the top seventy-five (75) individuals to earn the most points will be eligible to move on to Round 2. More details on Round 1 can be found here

Round 2 – In-person Datathon

• Teams will be assigned and will participate in Round 2 at the Alteryx Office in New York City, NY on Friday March 22nd starting at 8am EST.
  • All finalists must register in person at the Alteryx Office in New York City, NY on Friday March 22nd at 8am EST for Round 2 to register and to gain access to the problem.
  • Round 1 Finalists will be put into small teams and have 4 hours to solve as the provided challenge and then get to present findings to our judges.
  • The top 3 teams will then compete in a final time-based round, and then we’ll announce the winners.

What you can win: cash prizes

Register today!! No previous experience required, beginners are welcome!

No prior experience necessary.

To Prepare: Get started by downloading your free 1-year Alteryx SparkED student license today. To give you a head start, we’ll be holding optional weekly workshops between February 1 - March 7.

We can’t wait to see you in NYC! Register today!

Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Terms and conditions apply.

Kick-off Recording

Workshop 2 Recording

Workshop 3 Recording

Workshop 4 Recording

13 REPLIES 13
darshjoshi
5 - Atom

Where can I register? 

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@darshjoshi The registration page will be live by end of this week! Stay Tuned!

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

Hi there, is this competition only for students or professionals are allowed too? 

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @alteryxuser_1184 ,

This event is for students or career starters. 

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

I graduated in 2010. So is this for senior or management-level professional?

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for attending our Kick-off!

Link to Recording

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for attending our 2nd Workshop. Remember to get your ROUND 1 Submissions in before 3/13!!

Link to Recording

kimmytan
5 - Atom

Hello! I was wondering where can I find the links to the virtual training sessions every Thursday up to March? I can't seem to find it - only had the link to the Kickoff. It would be great if I could be directed to the training session details as I have no idea what time those are happening. Is it every Thursday at 12:00PM EST? Thank you!

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kimmytan hi there - the weekly workshops invites get sent via email once you register for the Datathon. the recordings are listed above and have been added to the main post.