Student Discussions

Connect with other learners by posting your questions, sharing ideas, and getting involved in a discussion.

Alteryx 2024 NYC Datathon

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

NYC Data Week Banner 2024_Registration-LP.png

Please use this discussion to post any/all questions you have about the event.

Alteryx is hosting a Datathon on Friday, March 22nd at Alteryx's New York City Office.

This thread will help answer questions with anything you might like to know about the in-person event on March 22nd and the preliminary round  happening through February 1, 2024 12:00 PM ET to March 13, 2024 11:59 PM ET - from how to register to details about the competition.

Post a question or comment and we will get back to you with all the information you need.

The Details:

Round 1 – The Virtual Qualifying Challenge

• Round 1 will begin at 12PM ET on February 1 and you will have until 11:59PM ET on March 13 to submit your solution. Round 1 is an individual challenge and the top seventy-five (75) individuals to earn the most points will be eligible to move on to Round 2. More details on Round 1 can be found here

Round 2 – In-person Datathon

• Teams will be assigned and will participate in Round 2 at the Alteryx Office in New York City, NY on Friday March 22nd starting at 8am EST.
  • All finalists must register in person at the Alteryx Office in New York City, NY on Friday March 22nd at 8am EST for Round 2 to register and to gain access to the problem.
  • Round 1 Finalists will be put into small teams and have 4 hours to solve as the provided challenge and then get to present findings to our judges.
  • The top 3 teams will then compete in a final time-based round, and then we’ll announce the winners.

What you can win: cash prizes

Register today!! No previous experience required, beginners are welcome!

No prior experience necessary.

To Prepare: Get started by downloading your free 1-year Alteryx SparkED student license today. To give you a head start, we’ll be holding optional weekly workshops between February 1 - March 7.

We can’t wait to see you in NYC! Register today!

Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Terms and conditions apply.

Kick-off Recording

Workshop 2 Recording

Workshop 3 Recording

Workshop 4 Recording

13 REPLIES 13
darshjoshi
5 - Atom

Where can I register? 

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@darshjoshi The registration page will be live by end of this week! Stay Tuned!

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

Hi there, is this competition only for students or professionals are allowed too? 

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @alteryxuser_1184 ,

This event is for students or career starters. 

alteryxuser_1184
7 - Meteor

I graduated in 2010. So is this for senior or management-level professional?

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for attending our Kick-off!

Link to Recording

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for attending our 2nd Workshop. Remember to get your ROUND 1 Submissions in before 3/13!!

Link to Recording

kimmytan
5 - Atom

Hello! I was wondering where can I find the links to the virtual training sessions every Thursday up to March? I can't seem to find it - only had the link to the Kickoff. It would be great if I could be directed to the training session details as I have no idea what time those are happening. Is it every Thursday at 12:00PM EST? Thank you!

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kimmytan hi there - the weekly workshops invites get sent via email once you register for the Datathon. the recordings are listed above and have been added to the main post.