Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Santalytics 2020

Chat, collaborate and share your ideas on how to get Santa's Workshop back up and running!

Tips from Santa's Helpers

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@WillM & @Dot .

Being one of Santa's oldest elves, I've got a few Christmas's under my belt.  I wanted to help Santa and the elves in their app development.  I'm providing the gang with a pre-release of my new, CReW Generate Dummy Variables macro (available here).  With this macro, the process of creating Dummy Variables (or One-Hot-Encoding as described by @SydneyF in her blog, Encoding Variables Translating Your Data so the Computer Understands It.  will be an easier task. 

I also want to give a bit of encouragement to Santa's helpers, that Santa appreciates the effort.  Maybe you've just got a really good idea for an App or macro and you struggle with how to make it Santa-Ready?  You can post what you're trying to accomplish and let Santa's helpers give you guidance on what you might try to complete the task at-hand.

When Rudolph encountered the land of misfit toys, he found loving homes for all of the deserving toys.  2020 Santalytics is a call to community to work and act together.  My macro will help the data scientist and those pretending to be the same.  It also can be used as a training guide for building new macros.  If you subscribe or read my blog, I'll be posting a little history of this macro on the 10th of December, 2020.

Here are some tips!:

1. Define Scope:  What you'll get and how much time to invest.
  2. Test, Test, Test:  Keep testing.
  3. Keep It Simple:  If you can't explain the workflow, it isn't done.

Maybe my friends would like to add some more suggestions?

@SeanAdams @NicoleJohnson @estherb47 @rafalolbert @jarrod @ddiesel @BenMoss @CharlieS @Joe_Lipski @andyuttley @ggruccio @HeatherMHarris @LilianH @Nick612Haylund @JoshKushner 

Cheers & Happy Holidays,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
0 REPLIES 0