New York City, NY

Welcome & Guidelines

Find tips to make the most of your User Group experience.

LEARN MORE

2024 Q1 NY User Group Meeting (Hybrid!)

NY_UG_COMM_POST_BANNER.png
Published on ‎02-21-2024 06:05 AM by | Updated on ‎03-18-2024 06:47 AM

Don’t miss our first NY User Group meeting of 2024! 

Agenda

• Welcome & Intros
  • Topic 1: Integrating Alteryx and ChatGPT for Advanced Analytics
    • Join Jose Arevalo ( @Jareval1 ), Analytics Manager at Data Prep U to learn how Alteryx and ChatGPT can work together to enhance your data analytics projects. In this presentation, we'll show you how to combine Alteryx's data processing power with the conversational AI capabilities of ChatGPT, making your data analysis more efficient and insightful. Get practical tips and see how this integration can open up new possibilities in your data-driven endeavors.
  • Topic 2: Extracting Data from a PDF Table with the Alteryx Python tool
    • Join Le Luu ( @leluu ) from the Data School to learn how to scrape data from PDFs using the python tool.
  • Questions
  • Closing

Be sure to register on the top right and add to your calendar!

If you have not already joined the NY User Group, please join so you can stay up to date on current and future meetings.

Logistics for online attendees

https://community-alteryx.zoom.us/j/91966025800?pwd=K01aVFJ2NEl2RGFMNnJIeTVocVNpUT09

Logistics for in-person attendees

NYC AREA

The Data School | 124 E 14th St Floor 4 | New York, NY 10003

-> enjoy some snacks, goodies, and treats during the event!

Hope to see everyone there!

New York User Group Leaders

Mike ( @mbarone  ), Esther ( @estherb47 ), Seth ( @smoskowitz  ), and Luke ( @Luke_C  )

Featured Guests
4 - Baryon

7 - Meteor

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, Mar 20, 2024 02:30 PM PDT
End:
Wed, Mar 20, 2024 03:30 PM PDT
Labels (1)
3 Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks to everyone that joined last night's meeting, which had the largest attendance since I've been with the group!!

Special thanks to @Jareval1  and @le_luu for a couple spectacular presentations on ChatGPT & PDF table extraction via Python. Feel free to post your PowerPoints here if you'd like.

Here's the link for the recording, and hopefully we'll see you in a few months!

https://community-alteryx.zoom.us/rec/share/WaZA6KjDrljD8Iz8FPjYGggZR_AEXvOCaD-kED3lvry0Rg10CSx52XK-...
Passcode: 3jEC1jK&

New York User Group Leaders
Mike (@mbarone), Esther (@estherb47), Seth (@smoskowitz), and Luke (@Luke_C)

Thank you, Michael. I was so excited to join the Alteryx User Group last night and happy to share how to extract the table data from the PDF file in Alteryx via Python. I uploaded the PowerPoint file that I presented yesterday below. Thank you everyone for joining last night. I hope to meet everyone at another Alteryx User Group session or at The Data School New York.

All the best,
Le

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi folks, there was a lot of positive interest in the API discussion, and Lauren from DataPrepU reached out to let me know they have a free webinar coming up on this topic if anyone would like to sing up:

Details

Title: Integrate APIs Effectively in Analytics

When: Thursday, April 25 at 11:00 AM ET

Registration Link:  https://www.bigmarker.com/dataprepu/Data-Prep-U-How-To-Integrate-APIs-Effectively-in-Analytics?utm_b...