Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.
SOLVED

How do you prepare for Expert Certifications?

DN
8 - Asteroid

Just want to ask / share with you folks conference goers on how have you prepared for the Expert Certification.

For me, this book: Practical Statistics for Data Scientists, 2nd Edition Practical Statistics for Data Scientists, 2nd Edition [Book] (oreilly.com)

helps me a lot in understanding key concepts about data and modelling. While it is written for R/Python language, we are using basically the same tool in R and Python. This is not a beginner book by any mean; it is not trying to explain every concepts, it rather links statistical concepts together to make it make sense of the whole predictive analytics process.

Other helpful resource: RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx  This helps me test the regex tool

Looking for your tips and advice.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I hired people smarter than myself so I could pass it by proxy.

Bulien

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

An understanding of stats will be good for any predictive part of the exam, but Expert covers so many different areas. 
Do all the interactive lessons on community, and I’d highly recommend the weekly challenges to practice solving under time pressure.

I’ve blogged a bit more about it here:

https://www.altertricks.com/expert/becoming-an-alteryx-expert/

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @dougperez. I thought about you when I saw this post. More tips and resources for the Expert Exam. 😉

Thanks for sharing, @DN

Flávia Brancato
DN
8 - Asteroid

@cgoodman3 thank you for the link to the blog, I found that the exam strategy is very helpful.

I found that Advanced/Intermediate level Weekly challenges are also helpful in putting the tools that I do not frequently use into practice.