Inspire 2016 | Tech Track Ideas

Shape the agenda. Submit your ideas for the Tech Track.

Ask the CTO

Here's an idea to get the idea factory going:  Ask the CTO - Have a "chat" with Ned Harding and get answers to your most technical questions.

Interested in this topic? Leave your comments to help us flesh out what this session might look like, and give the idea a Star to show your support!

4 Comments
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Absolutely!

Count me in!

PS: Does he agree to this idea? Smiley TongueMan Tongue

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Questions for the CTO-

1. The In-Database tools are critical for users dealing with 'big data' as the choke-point usually becomes your network cable and the speed at which you can pull data across your network. From a UI perspective, however it feels like a duplicate toolset and can be confusing especially to new users - ex. I have a tool for Select and In-Database Select, a tool for Filter and In-Database filter. Are their plans to make In-Database essentially an option (checkbox?) within the core tool and simplify the tool palette ?

2. Are their plans on your roadmap for a Linux-based version of Alteryx server?

3. Do you have plans for a web browser-based version of Alteryx where all work runs on a server-backend? I'm thinking of the web-authoring model within Tableau server

LisaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Maybe Next Year

We had a lot of great sessions that were suggested and will be keeping this one in mind for next year!