Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.
RESUELTAS

How to use Alteryx in Cost Management

krish1952
Átomo

Accounting Softwares and ERP provide  financial information but the cost information provided is insufficient to work out the Cost of a Product.   Thanks to Alteryx, I could develop a workflow to generate costing report from Financial Information and other related information as required for costing.  Has anyone attempted it or  if anyone is interested I can share. I also need feedback to improve the workflow since I did it with basic understanding of Alteryx.

1 RESPUESTA 1
krish1952
Átomo

I have tested out a  workflow on Cost Management  in Alteryx.   I used the basic features and would like to improve further.   It is working wonders and can be used in any Industry including the Healthcare.

• Input Data-  Detailed Profit & Loss Account
  • Input Data- Primary Allocation of Expenses
  • Data Cleansing-  to make the data compatible for allocation
  • Join­- Combine the two input files
  • Formula-  Apply formula to allocate the Profit & Loss Account to Cost Centers
  • Out Data-  Output Data of Expenses by Cost Centers
  • Input Data  -  Convert the Output Data of Expenses by Cost Centers into Input Data
  • Input Data -  Secondary Allocation Rules to allocate expenses to Products/Services
  • Join – Combine both the input files
  • Formula- Apply formula to allocate the expenses by Cost Centers to Products/Services.
  • Output Data- Generate Cost Statements by Product/Services.