Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.

Careers with Alteryx?

MeganHoang01
5 - Atom

Hello, I'm currently a student at CSUF! What are the possible careers to get with using Alteryx? I'm job hunting and trying to learn skills to add to my resume!  I would also like to look at other possible career choices outside of accounting and gain more knowledge and insight into any firm that currently uses the program. 

1 REPLY 1
dmccarville
7 - Meteor

Could you share a bit more about your background and the kind of jobs you are looking for? If all you care about is using Alteryx, just head over to LinkedIn and search for "Alteryx".

The job market is really big. Alteryx isn't necessarily concentrated in any particular industry or job role. You probably won't find "alteryx developer" as a job. Just my two cents, but Alteryx roles generally come in two flavors:

1. Dedicated data analysts, data engineers, etc. These roles may involve a huge array of technologies, of which Alteryx is only one. These are primarily IT or analytics positions. Your primary skills are either having a technology or analytics (i.e., statistics, science, or similar) background.
  2. Operational roles such as tax, HR, sales, etc. Alteryx isn't the focus of these roles, but they may use Alteryx to automate certain tasks. Your primary skills are going to be domain knowledge in whatever the position is. Alteryx is just an add on.