Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.
SOLVED

Help with my Practice Exercise 1 in Data Preparation

Mayma
5 - Atom

The exercise requires finding the top 5 customers with the highest transactions.  I used the Sort Filter, chose the column of Transaction in a Year in descending order then run. Result window did not show the transaction column in descending order, as configurated.  What am i missing? (i hope this is not considered cheating c",)

2 REPLIES 2
ASchmitt_Alteryx

Hello @Mayma 
Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you have configured it correctly. I might suggest that you Filter first and then Sort. Also, make sure after you run the workflow, you have selected the Output anchor of your last tool to view the configured data in your results window. The Input anchor may have been selected so the Results Window is showing the data as it is coming into the tool and the configurations have not been applied.

If this does not fix your issue please attach your workflow and I would be happy to take a look at it. 

Hi, @Aschmitt_Alteryx.  Thank you for your help.  You're right, I just run the workflow & did not click on the Output anchor. Beginner's problem 😀