Hong Kong, CN

Welcome to the Hong Kong User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Prediction tool and reporting tool

edwinxu
5 - Atom

Hi Calvin and friends,

I got two questions here and want to get an opinion from you ;)

I'm currently building up a linear regression model while running it smoothly, may I know is there a tool can execute the prediction using the model over test data thereby generating new columns/rows? I noticed the output of the regression tool is HTML and wonder if there's a way to extract the coefficient from it.

Also for the reporting tool, I want to do a quick summary of all the observations I had over the dataset (these observations are conditional and constant- for example, if I am a owner of a farm that grows only two fruits, apples and bananas. The only two metrics I will look into is the total number of apples/banana harvested this year. If the number of apples exceed 60 but not for banana, the observations will be: "A great year on apples!" and "A bad year on bananas!"). Do you have any recommendations of tools that I can use?

Thank you for your time~

4 REPLIES 4
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @edwinxu! For more visibility and quicker help, I recommend you post your question on the Designer Desktop Discussions board as well. 😉

Flávia Brancato
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Not very clear on the model over test data portion - can you clarify on that bit? 

The output is fixed by the tool, so if you need to extract out the coefficient you’ll need to make some changes to the tool itself. It’s actually a macro - so do be careful because some changes can break the tool. 

As to your question of getting insights like that, the closest I can think of is Auto Insights tool. But if you want something like that, you could use a generative AI wrapper in Alteryx if you have the access.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

As @FláviaB mentioned, you can post this to the data science or designer desktop forum to get more responses too!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
edwinxu
5 - Atom

Thanks Flávia and Calvin :)