General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

has a different schema than the 1st file in the set

Kardasz
6 - Meteoroid

I have hundreds of routines that extract data from a database and use dynamic input to extract data from another database input.These routines are designed as dynamic input so the user only needs to make one change in the incoming text file for dates and other criteria. Suddenly most of my routines will not run properly due the the following error: "has a different schema than the 1st file in the set". Never had this problem before on any of the routines. Now I have to change the dynamic input and make changes to each input dataset extracting thousands of more records because they are not being filtered from the beginning. What has changed in Alteryx to suddenly get these errors where they never showed up before? 

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Did the user input differ? For example, when you key in the dates, are they standard (DD-MM-YYYY suddenly becomes DD/MM/YYYY).

In addition, sometimes the data types can change compared to your first reference file used in your Dynamic Input tool, thereby causing the differences. 

Null() and Empty() values in extra rows / columns may also lead to that effect causing data type changes (Int to String for example), or just have the data schema thrown out of whack. 

One way I would recommend is to create a Batch Macro to account for this. I know the Dynamic Input tool does the trick, but if you want to fully cover it, Batch Macro covers your bases.

Hope this helps.

Cal

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Kardasz 

There are two ways to tackle your issue:

1. If you share a workflow experiencing the issue described somebody in the community will try to assist or help you.
  2. If you are more concerned in getting this question answered: What has changed in Alteryx to suddenly get these errors where they never showed up before?  then you have to tell us, what is your current version of Alteryx? what was the Alteryx version when the process started failing? Did you upgrade your workstation OS? Is this happening on a Server? (then describe the server so we could help you)

Otherwise it will be a goose chase.

Arnaldo

Labels