General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

What do the new statuses mean within the Ideas section?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I did submit a post regarding this:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Ideas/Create-a-stickied-post-within-each-idea-sec... 

However I am curious what the 'Accepting Votes' status means, does anyone know? My guess is that it is based on likes.

Cheers!

Bulien
2 REPLIES 2
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello @TheOC 
See these links to know more about Ideas:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Ideas/ta-p/593463#3

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Idea-Submission-Guidelines/ta-p/496381

How do I vote for an idea I like?

You vote for an idea by giving it Likes. Just click the ‘Thumbs Up’ button next to the idea. If you change your mind, you can revoke your Likes later.

Status Definitions and Process

Every idea has merit and we strive to implement as many as we can that would have the greatest customer value and viability while still fitting into the strategic mission for Alteryx. Ideas will move through a set life cycle that we’ve described below.

New Idea - All good ideas have to start somewhere! This is the default status for a new idea, these ideas likely are new or have not yet reached the necessary amount of likes and have not been reviewed by our product team.

Comments Requested - We love your idea, and need a bit more information on what you exactly have in mind or if it would be beneficial in the opinion of the masses. Ideas left in this status for longer then a year will be marked as retired due to lack of Community interest or additional information.

Under Review - These ideas has gotten the necessary number of likes for it to be up for review by our product team. We'll get back to you once we have a response from the development team on if and when we could implement your idea.

Accepted - Congrats, your idea has been cleared and approved by the product team as something we can implement! Our product team is working away at getting your idea integrated and we will let you know when it's close to done.

Ongoing - Our development team loved this idea, but to properly implement it they are going to need a few releases. Ideas in this status mean we were able to implement part of the idea but not all of it is implemented just yet.

Coming Soon - Almost done! These ideas should be completely ready and implemented in a upcoming release.

Implemented - Nice work! These ideas are now fully deployed in the product. Let us know what you think in the product’s Discussion Board.

Not Planned - Unfortunately we can't implement every good idea that comes our way due to technical restrictions or the product moving in a different direction. We appreciate these users for submitting their ideas and contributing the the Community as a whole.

Revisit - We love this idea, but there is no time or room in the near future to implement it to the best of our ability. But our product team would like to keep it on the radar and will revisit it when they can better speak on the timeline for this idea!

Partner Dependent - We would love to implement these ideas but are currently stuck due to the idea depending on a third party partner. We'll keep going once the block is cleared with the partner!

Inactive - We appreciate all contributions to the idea boards. Unfortunately, some ideas do not get the support or clarification needed for our Product Team to effectively evaluated the idea. Ideas that are unable to get ten likes and have not had any activity on their post within a year, including likes and comments, will enter this status. However, ideas placed in this status can be returned to the New Idea status with enough renewed activity.

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

Hey @TheOC 

In my opinion 'Accepting Votes' status mean -the idea posted is accepting response/vote (like or comments) from the community members.  Number that is shown is the total number of ideas under this category. 

Labels