General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Welcome & Introduce Yourself

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the General forum - we're so glad you’re here! 

Whether you've been part of the Maveryx Community for years, are brand new, or simply want to expand your network, you’ve come to the right place. Our goal is to provide a space where analytical-minded people can connect, engage, and learn in order to drive meaningful outcomes. As part of that, we encourage you to get to know your peers by introducing yourself on this thread!  

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this thread to introduce yourself to the Community. Let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies...anything you'd like. What you share is up to you!

We look forward to meeting you!

Welcome your Peers & Network

As new introductions are posted, we encourage everyone to get to know new members by replying to each users introduction topic. Feel free to say hello and wish them a warm welcome, ask follow-up questions, or point them to Community resources to help guide them on their journey with Alteryx.

Please Follow the Rules of Engagement 

You're more than welcome to include a link to your business' website in your introduction post, however, please don't use the post to solicit new business. Per our Community Guidelines, solicitations and advertisements are not allowed on the site.

The purpose of the Introductions thread is to build connections with your Community peers and provide a space for you to get to know each other. If you have questions about the Alteryx Platform, please visit the appropriate Product discussion board.

If you'd like to get to know the Community Team, take a peek at their intros here

162 REPLIES 162
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Welcome everybody!! So happy to see so many newcommers and so many queries! 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @vnguyen915 

Like any software, versions are updates to a software that help fix bugs or adds new features to the existing product. 

The current latest version is v2023.1

There are a few more things for you to familiarize:

• Admin vs Non-Admin

Admin basically means that when you install, you need your computer's admin credentials to install. If you're on your personal PC, both Admin/Non-Admin is fine. If you're on a company PC or a school PC, then you'll need IT administrators' admin credentials to help you install.

Easier to use Non-Admin since it is hassle free and you install as you go.

• Designer Desktop vs R Tools

The Designer Desktop is the main application that hosts Alteryx and its tools for you to do your work on. The R Tools are a free add-on to your Designer Desktop that helps you do way more in the data analytis and data science space with R Coding as its base. You can download both - but please make sure they are the same version and same type (admin / non-admin)!

• Designer Desktop vs Designer Cloud

Designer Desktop is on-prem (on-premise basically means on your PC, you need to execute an application to open it on your PC). Designer Cloud is on the Cloud, and you can access via your web browser and use the tool online. 

• How to find my Alteryx Designer Desktop version?

You can find the version of Alteryx in the Designer by going to Help -> About:

image.png

It will tell you your version from there:

image.png

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
themodernbatman
5 - Atom

Hi everyone! My name is Sam M and I am happy to officially join the Alteryx Community. I have used Alteryx a little bit at one of my internships and am now learning more before graduating university! The trainings have been very enjoyable -- I really like how they are interactive. Looking forward to taking the certification exam!!

Nathanle
5 - Atom

Hello, Alteryx enthusiasts! My name is Nathan Le. I'm currently an accounting student at CSUF. I've been diving into Alteryx recently and am thoroughly enjoying the learning process. I'm curious to know - what are some of your favorite features or use cases in Alteryx that you find most interesting and valuable? Please share your experiences and insights; I'm eager to hear from the community!

Nathan Le.

Damian_WRO
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Welcome to the community. I have also one puppy, it's Havana dog. 

Chimeruo
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

My name is Chimeruo from Nigeria. I am new to Alteryx. My passion to see better health outcomes through preventive and promotive health care measures has made me very interested in learning about the tools for analyzing data from different sources. I want to be able to influence decision-making through data. I am glad to be here.

KatyKab
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm Katia Andrade I was studying my PhD in Chemical Sciences, and I liked so much Data Analytics, that's why I'm here. I used to work with Python in Jupyter Notebook. Now I'm on my way to Alteryx, I would appreciated any help. Thank you 😀

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I'm a solutions lead in the Banking industry.  I've been using Alteryx for a few years and really enjoy the software and the Community!

Thanks!

hapisnake
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx users, 

I'm GiriPrasath from india. i'm currently working as Programmer analyst trainee in Fortune 500 company, I'm upskilling into new technology alteryx in past few weeks.  i'm also looking for a study partner.

Lets message with me, i will contact with you  to discuss about the alteryx , 

Poolplayer
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone!

I'm a customs expert working on process improvement / customs software development within my company. I have a background in accounting/tax and customs. I've been working with Alteryx for almost a year now and was able to attend my first Inspire earlier this year.

I'm looking forward to learning how Alteryx can provide new ways to solve problems and improve efficiencies. I'm always open to hearing about ways Alteryx has been utilized within the customs realm!

Labels