Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Share your governance best practices

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy Thursday Community!

Governance is a hot topic in the analytics world, and for good reason! It's crucial to have a governance strategy in place to minimize risk.

We've seen some great Community discussion recently around this topic, so if governance best practices are your jam make sure to bookmark @pmaier1971's governance checklist, and tune into the Alter Everything podcast episode 127 to hear how governance can help ensure a smooth vacation.

Now we want to hear from you:

In your organization, are there extra controls, checks and balances, documentation, etc., for your higher risk workflows? If so, what policies do you have in place?

Share your best practices and tips below!

3 REPLIES 3
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@MarqueeCrew @JosephSerpis @AbhilashR @cplewis90 @DawnDuong @Samantha_Jayne -- we had some good discussions about governance in the community webinars you all participated in 😊 Would love to hear your thoughts!

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I really enjoyed the topics covered and points made by the participants and loved how they broke down the topic of governance for us. I can see there being a governance learning track within the community, which touches on variety of topics at a high level to give companies of all sizes a framework or starting point.

pmaier1971
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can’t help but to point out that customer-managed telemetry can be very powerful element in your governance toolbox. An intro post is https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Customer-Managed-Telemetry-A-Window-into-Workflow-Tran...; and I can also share that the next post of the series is already in the works!

Labels