General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Saving several sheets in an excel workpaper to PDF

edavies
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to see if there is a way to easily print each sheet in my excel workpaper to PDF (would be helpful if I could select which sheets too).  To give more background, it's a workpaper that has several sheets for invoicing purposes, and I'd like to easily drop the file in and run a workflow that will print each invoice to PDF.  However, I'm not too advanced in the reporting tools.  Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to use one input tool for something like this, or if I would have to manually add in a input tool for each sheet/invoice.  It'd also be extremely helpful if I could also use some sort of dynamic naming for each output based on an invoice # listed in each sheet if possible.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can. Using this article by @DataNath : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Render-to-Multiple-Named-Excel-Sheets/ba-p/1015...

You can use the Render tool as PDF insead of XLSX, then it works the same. If you're stuck, can you provide some dummy data and I'll work something up for you.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Sangini
7 - Meteor

To save multiple sheets in an Excel workbook as a PDF:

1. Open your Excel workbook.
  2. Hold down the 'Ctrl' key on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the tabs of the sheets you want to save as a PDF. Selected sheets will be highlighted.
  4. Go to 'File' in the top left corner.
  5. Choose 'Save As.'
  6. Select the location where you want to save the file.
  7. In the 'Save as type' dropdown, choose 'PDF.'
  8. Click 'Save.'

Now, you've saved those selected sheets from your Excel workbook into a single PDF file

marcoperson250
6 - Meteoroid

First, you select the Excel sheet that you want to convert, then click the Ctrl key, then choose the tab that you want to convert to PDF. Give the Ctrl key back, then save your converted data.

Labels