General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Problem using Teradata bulk loader

rqarnold
5 - Atom

Seeking a solution to a problem using the Teradata bulk loader in some instances.

Background: We are extracting data from 1 or more API calls, forming a logical record that we store in our EDW.  We extract the data, group it (all processes unique to each set of data) and then call a macro that writes it to the EDW.  We have an issue with one of these processes that fails throwing (-2574)Operation not allowed: db_UT.tablename is being MLoaded. The same macro is used to load all of the tables... it only fails with this one.

The db_UT.tablename is left with a mload lock that must be released before the table can be queried. When queried the _UT table has about a third of the expected rows indicating it fails mid-stream. Nothing has written to the "production" table.  

My experience working with bulk loader processes Teradata when it fails it usually the _e1, _e2, _lg and _wk tables that are generated by bulk loader.  Those tables are not there.  

If I limit my input the process runs to completion with no errors.

The seemingly logical conclusion would be that it is running out of space but this is a relatively small set of data and larger tables load with no issues. Bad data, maybe...but that usually produces a record in the _e1 table that isn't there and doesn't leave the _UT table with the mload lock in place.

Grasping for answers/ideas to try that I haven't.  The "regular" odbc load works without issue but the business wants to use bulk loader and it works without issues for everything but this workflow... any and all suggestions are appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels