General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Is the Alteryx Cloud Core Certification outdated ?

mebinjoy77
6 - Meteoroid

I recently had the chance to explore the learning path as well as the exam for Alteryx Cloud Core Certification, but to my surprise, the content of the exam as well as the learning path was quite different. My GUI for the cloud designer is different from what is taught in the learning path.

3 REPLIES 3
tristank
11 - Bolide

Hi @mebinjoy77 . I looked into this for you and per my fellow coworker:

The Alteryx Cloud Exam is specifically for Trifacta and not Cloud

Even though the cert exam name literally says Designer Cloud, IT DOES NOT USE CLOUD. AND when you launch Cloud using the link provided before the exam, it is going to default to a view that DOES NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS TO TRIFACTA. Alteryx Cloud IS NOT THE SAME. It took me a WHILE to get access to Trifacta, which uses different terminology and a VERY different UI to Cloud. You WILL NOT be able to do the practical portions in Cloud. A lot of info online re: Trifacta is deprecated, featuring tons of broken links (stuff hosted on trifacta.com seems not to work anymore), so make sure the resources you use apply to the exam. I'm also including step-by-step pics of how to make Trifacta accessible from the home console in the Alteryx Cloud Portal cuz the info I found about installing it referred to an old version of the website.

I hope this help and please mark it as solved if it does. Have a great week!

mebinjoy77
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @tristank 

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

There is some technical debt here, yes... :(

Labels