General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Get the data from Excel sheets based on conditon

munipavankumar
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm working with an input Excel file named 'Car Sales Category' that contains multiple sheets labeled from 2000 to 2022. Each sheet requires different cleansing steps. We deal with various categories such as Bikes, Soaps, and Shampoo, all sharing the same sheet names and requiring identical cleansing processes. However, to work on a different category, I have to manually select over 20 sheets and run the workflow, which is time-consuming. Help me to provide the answer. Thanks.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hey @munipavankumar 

If it's simply a case of bringing in all the sheets in one go so you can apply the same cleansing, use the Dynamic Input Tool after the Input Data tool list of sheet names:

Capture.PNG

Note this will ONLY work if all sheets are identical headers, format, layout etc

If they aren't you'll have to look to go down the Batch Macro route. This page https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart-1583459854309 has some pointers which can be applied to help you

munipavankumar
7 - Meteor

Hi @DavidSkaife, Thanks for your reply. Actually the problem is the identical headers, format, layout is different for each sheet. 

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar
munipavankumar
7 - Meteor

Thanks @AndrewDMerrill, the 2nd one worked to me. Keep it more and more.

Labels