General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Formula

imivan
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys, instead of the data inside a header [Period Activity - LC JAN-2023 TO MAR-2023], what I want is actually the right 4 characters of the header [Period Activity - LC JAN-2023 TO MAR-2023] which in this case is 2023, however, it is ever changing, it can be 2024, 2025 or any other year, so is it possible to do something like a wild card, like it will read the header and when it found Period Activity - LC..., it will extract the last 4 characters of the header, which will be the year?

3 REPLIES 3
jdminton
12 - Quasar

This will get you what you need. You might need to make a few small changes with your dataset. I started with an existing dataset and modified one of the field headers.

Snag_269b80b2.png

imivan
8 - Asteroid

Tbh, it is confusing for me but I understand it after researching and also trying it out few times with different set of data, thank you so much

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I agree, that it can definitely be confusing. You might be able to address this also using a filename on the input tool if that also contains the Year info. Depending on who controls the data, you may also be able to get the same data in a format that is easier to work with. I'm glad this works for you though!

Labels