General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Date comparison not working. Need help.

GeorgeLevesque
6 - Meteoroid

I have an alteryx workflow as follows:

1) Use a Convert tool to take a string field and convert it to a date yyyyMMDD such as 2023-10-31 field = co_receive_date_yyyyMMDD

2) Use a Formula tool to take todays date and subtract one day and set it as date as yyyyMMDdd such as 2023-11-02 in Fromdaysago field.

3) Use a Filter tool for this formula [co_receive_date_yyyyMMdd] >= [FromDaysAgo]  

When run, I do not get any date from the Filter tool and I should get some records.

I have been trying to get this to work for over a week with no resolution. The above steps is like the workflow as it is simple to see if I can get some output.

Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @GeorgeLevesque, are you able to show your workflow or at least the Formula expressions and Filter expression? What you've described sounds reasonable (apart from 2023-10-31 wouldn't satisfy your Filter condition), but there's a few things that could be off - hard to diagnose without seeing anything. Also, if you could provide a couple of records of data that aren't working that you'd expect to that'd help.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please provide relevant data to this use case, and kindly provide your criteria in as much detail as possible. If you have a workflow built halfway, kindly export that over as well.

To export a workflow go to: Options > Export Workflow. Kindly do NOT send a "Save As" copy.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels