General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Can't paste screenshots

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I've noticed in the past week or so that I cannot paste screenshots to my posts/replies on the community.

As a mac user I normally use cmd+ctrl+shift+4 to screengrab a portion of my screen and store it on my clipboard.

When I try and paste in the comment or post text box I get the following error:

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 17.59.03.png

I've also tried using snipping tool in my parallels and then pasting, but I get the same error.

Instead I need to use cmd+shift+4 which saves the screengrab to my desktop, and then upload it from there. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

When I post my comment/post the first time, I also get a warning saying

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 18.02.37.png

but nothing looks different in my post....

14 REPLIES 14
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hell yeah!!! I`ve opened a ticket with community support already informing them about this bug or recent update. 

fmvizcaino_0-1688576995566.gif

For some reason, I could copy and paste this gif here as before, but it doesn`t work with images.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Yes!! I don't use a mac so seems to be a bigger issue. 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

both glad and sad that it's not just me

OllieClarke_0-1688577322745.gif

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Came here for this (PC user here, not MAC). Having the same issue with posting Snip-Its as well as the HTML error. Just started happening within the last few weeks. 

Glad to see its not just me. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Following up here. Community support replied and mentioned it is a known issue and they are trying to fix it.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

As a temporary work around you can still paste pictures into a post without the error if you click on the Camera button in the post toolbar. From there you can paste your Snip-It's or screencaps from your program of choice without having to save the file locally. Its a little longer than just pasting in the reply area, but seems to work without throwing any errors. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@cjaneczko Amazing, just gave it a test 😁image.png

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Test-ception!

image.png

Clicking on the Camera button:

image.png

Once you snip, you have to press "Copy" again, and then paste onto the Camera area. Only then it works.

Thanks for the wonderful temp workaround @cjaneczko !

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks @cjaneczko I've accepted your message as a solution because it's a valid workaround. Hopefully we won't need it for long...

Labels