General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

CAREER in ALTERYX

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I work in mainframes technology in IT industry. i am considering a switch to Alteryx and learnt the same. I wanted to know if learning ALTERYX alone is sufficient or i should learn any additional technology like tableau, SQL etc.. is required to get a job/career related to ALTEYX?

Thanks,

Krishna Bommu

27 REPLIES 27
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @KRISHNABOMMU 

Alteryx offers the program Independent Learners and Career Changers the "Career Changer" is for you 👍 when you engage to this program you commit yourself to take the Alteryx Certifications, within 3 months (actually 90 days); near the end of the 90 days license you should open a support case to get an extension, e.g. another 90 days.

During the program it is important that you try to resolve as many challenges as possible, and review solutions posted by other member of the community, these challenges self evaluate your skill, we even wrote a workflow that help ourself to track our progress ❤️

When registering in the "Career Changer" you have to write a brief paragraph explaining the reasons why Alteryx and how your existing skills will help you to do the Career Change!

Good luck, it is a great opportunity open to all of us.

Regards,

Arnaldo Sandoval

PS: Sometimes the admin of our program are a little bit picky, they had tried to cancel my account in two occassions, which is easily resolve providing the documentation asked per your particular case, but don't worry about this at the moment.  

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@caltang there is always a way 🙂

Arnaldo

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I learned something new today! Thanks @ArnaldoSandoval for the recommendation. 

@KRISHNABOMMU as @ArnaldoSandoval has pointed out, try out that special programme! I think it matches your profile exactly.

Hope that helps!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@KRISHNABOMMU @caltang 

When you get your first certification, you will receive a congratulation email and automatically your Community profile will be updated with your gadget, now it will suggest you to create an account at Credly ; Credly allows us to update our LinkedIn account with the certification received from Alteryx.

Note: Allow Alteryx between 2 and 4 working days to receive email notification of your results, the first time it takes longer, after that one they are quicker.

All the best

Arnaldo

mayank_mishra24
7 - Meteor

Hi,

It seems the topic is kind of related to my queries too.

I would like to know. few things i am an undergraduate student learning Alteryx and had no technical and math background.

have beginners' knowledge of SQL, R, EXCEL. 

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you..

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The best way is to start with the Launch Pad :) 

You can also head over the Learn > Academy to pick up the basics. :)

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
mayank_mishra24
7 - Meteor

That's great

Thanks for helping me out.

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @ArnaldoSandoval  and @caltang . i will try and let you know if i need anything more.

Kind regards.

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

@caltang, i am just attaching my resume which i prepared  from one of the recent Alteryx job openings requirements and applied for the position. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. :) i would like to hear from you  :)

Cheers,

Krishna  

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KRISHNABOMMU I do not think it is a good idea to put your resume here haha! But I will have a look and try to help out where I can. I can send it to you via LinkedIn if it helps.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
Labels