General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Any APAC professionals keen to support Universities, Educators & Students?

Cheryl_Alteryx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey Alteryx Community 😊😎

I'm Cheryl from our Alteryx SparkED team in APAC & I support schools to teach and learn analytics (for free!) + to connect hiring managers to awesome analytics talent! I'm looking for as many volunteers as possible who are able and passionate about providing advice and support in any of these areas, please don't hesitate to reach out here (or on LinkedIn) if you're interested. 

- Curriculum Support/Advice: Lecturers are often curious about Alteryx but they have no idea how it applies to their courses [e.g. Company Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Risk Analytics, Big Data Analytics, etc] If you're open to provide sample Alteryx workflows (with no confidential data, of course), or advise lecturers how/which topics could Alteryx be exemplified easily, we can help to close the gap between industry and academia 😉

- Guest Lectures/Workshops: Sometimes, lecturers are keen to host a short guest speaking segment (online/in-person) in their lessons and this allows you to share your professional insights directly with students. There are also equal opportunities to run short workshops as a great hands-on way to introduce students to Alteryx. I can provide you with sample student workshop datasets to work with, or you can also guide them through a fun Alteryx Weekly Challenge, like what @caltang did recently in both Singapore and Malaysia! 

- Student Analytics Career Events: Holding Analytics Events in schools are my favourite, and they can be v. meaningful when you're able to help inspire and shape the next generation. Keen to participate in these in cities like Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne, HK, Tokyo or Malaysia? Drop me a note here or at cheryl.lie@alteryx.com 

And of course, if you're connected with your alma mater & keen to introduce Alteryx, I'm always happy to help explore and start the Alteryx teaching (+learning) journey. 

Join me in supporting the next gen of Maveryx! 

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Really worth volunteering with SparkED. I love working with @Cheryl_Alteryx !! Please consider this if you have some time and would like to help in your APAC region!! 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
shreya_25
5 - Atom

Hi @Cheryl_Alteryx - would love to volunteer! I am currently a manager in the consulting practice at EY India. We drive a lot of risk analytics and data processing using Alteryx. I have been part of multiple organization wide Alteryx trainings as well. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Cheryl_Alteryx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @shreya_25 , great to hear from you! Let me PM you :)

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Bumping this thread. @Cheryl_Alteryx would it be helpful to make a LinkedIn post as well? Then we can get a larger audience as well. Of course, linking back to this post!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels