Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx IO Discussions

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Download workflow

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

I'm trying to validate some published workflows by calling the gallery API, downloading the app and checking the XML for my check.

The issue I'm finding is I can download the app with the https://alteryx.host_domain.co.uk/webapi/v1/workflows/{appID}/package endpoint.

The issue I'm finding is I don't know how to interact with the downloaded blob. It appears to be a yxzp file but it won't open in Alteryx and I can't extract it 7zip to examine the contents. Because of this, I can't further process the XML to validate what I'm wanting to.

How do I process and interact with the downloaded apps?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
terry10
11 - Bolide

I haven't used the app you mentioned, but I inspect the XML of my workflows by right-clicking the .yxmd then "Edit with Notepad++". Save the Notepad++ file as an xml and it will be nicely formatted. There's also a Notepad++ plugin to compare XML files.