Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Important information regarding the Python SDK v2 has come to our attention. It has been observed that this version may cause errors for users, particularly affecting the OpenAI Connector tool. If you encounter the 'Internal Error: Failed to read port assignment' message, our Python SDK team has provided some guidance for resolving this issue:

1. Firstly, attempt to resolve the problem by removing the .shiv folder from your home directory and then reinstalling the tool the yxi (note that the .shiv folder will be regenerated the first time the tool runs, which may slightly affect performance but should not cause any disruptions).

1. Alternatively, you can try deleting the tool from either C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools or C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools, depending on whether it was installed for your user account or for all users. Afterward, reinstall the tool from the yxi.

1. If you have administrative permissions, consider installing the tool for all users, not just for yourself. To achieve this, you may need to open Designer in admin mode.

During internal troubleshooting with our team, we have identified that beyond the above steps, the issue might be related to network settings on your computer. Rest assured, we are actively working on finding effective approaches to help you diagnose and resolve such network-related problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding as we work to address these issues. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to comment below.

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@TyroneW 

Any update on the issue mentioned above?  I've tried all of the recommendations but still get the error :-(

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Dynamomo I have a few questions for you:
1) What error are you getting, and did the error change at all after each step?

2) Do you remember the size the .shiv folder was when you deleted it?
3) What version of Alteryx Designer Desktop are you using?

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

HI @TyroneW ,

I get the error mentioned above:  Internal Error: Failed to read port assignment and i continued to get this same error after I did each of the recommended steps

I looked in the recycle bin and the .shiv folder there is169MB. It did not get recreated but my guess is that the macro never got to run because of the error.

I am on 2023.1.1.200

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Dynamomo Thanks for the information. Can you please try a couple more things if possible?

1) Please delete the tool from either C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools or C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools, uninstall Designer, reinstall Designer, then reinstall the tool.

If that doesn't resolve the error:

2) Please install another tool using Python SDK v2 such as the Workflow Summary tool and then let me know if it runs without error. I want to determine if the problem is with the SDK or the OpenAI Connector tool.

I'm sorry about the hassle and I appreciate your patience :)

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Hi @TyroneW ,

Thanks again for the recommended steps.

Just as an fyi, I have Alteryx server installed (i'm a partner and I use it to demo) but regardless, I followed the recommended steps and even installed the newest Server (Aug 22) and I still get the same error.

I now get the error for both tools.

Internal error: Failed to read port assignment

Internal Error - Deadlock detected (@1)

I didn't post the second error before so not sure if it's useful but it also appears when I use both tools

any next steps?

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Dynamomo. I didn't encounter the error on the newest version of Server. I sent you a message. Hopefully we're able to resolve this issue offline. If we come up with a solution we can post it here.

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Solution

0) Open the location the .shiv folder should be in (C:\Users\your-user-name).

1) Uninstall the OpenAI Connector by deleting the folder "OpenAiConnector_1_0" from %appdata%\Alteryx\Tools and/or %programdata%\Alteryx\Tools

2) Open Designer as an Administrator. You can verify this in Designer by going to "Help" -> "About", where you should see "Running Elevated"

3) Reinstall the tool in elevated Designer by going to "File" -> "Open Workflow" -> "Browse" -> and then selecting the OpenAI Connector tool installer. 

4) After opening, select "Install for all users"

5) Close Designer.

6) Open Designer as an Administrator again. 

7) Observing the .shiv folder location, put the OpenAI Connector tool on the blank canvas then click the canvas. Please tell me what you see here, i.e., did the shiv folder appear and what error do you see on the canvas?

8) Configure the tool.

9) Observing the .shiv folder location, click the canvas. Please tell me what you see here, i.e., did the shiv folder appear and what error (if any) do you see on the canvas?

10) Observing the .shiv folder location, run the workflow. Did the shiv folder appear and what error (if any) do you see on the canvas?

The .shiv folder appeared around Step 8 after opening a workflow that contained the OpenAI Connector tool. There was no error message after configuring the tool and it ran without issue :)

jwamendoza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @TyroneW,

Just in case you have the answer to my query here. Thank you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/OpenAI-Connection-Error-networ...