Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JonathonCavalieri 

Apparently I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug in this macro. I'm trying to test it with the same data you have in the Macro Input tools, but can't get it to work (It's not making the replacements).

INPUTS
LEFT DATA RIGHT DATA
Aguisande_0-1655216111945.png Aguisande_1-1655216249222.png

LEFT METADATA RIGHT METADATA
Aguisande_4-1655216392589.png

Aguisande_5-1655216404403.png

MACRO CONFIG:

Aguisande_2-1655216296758.png

RESULTS:

Aguisande_3-1655216345837.png

Can you check it?

Thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Aguisande,

I noticed exactly the same behavior as you did. When checking the macro more carefully, I noticed that the tools update the detour the wrong way, therefore the selection needs to be reversed for the macro to work. If you select the bottom setting, it will do what we are looking for.

A quick fix for this is the following:

grossal_0-1655575972619.png

Connecting the left radio button to the action tool (instead of the right)

@JonathonCavalieri: Please apply this fix to the macro to make it easier for everyone :-)

Best

Alex

JonathonCavalieri
7 - Meteor

@Aguisande 

if you switch to the other option it has drop downs to select the field containing each type of metadata it needs

JonathonCavalieri_0-1656304268097.png

@grossal I updated the text to be more descriptive rather than changing the configuration. Does it now make sense to you or should it be more clear?

Also would love to hear if it was useful for you in anyway?

I have a couple of other similar ones that I can post but just havent had the time to clean up. 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@JonathonCavalieri 

I see you changed the macro (from the one I tried originally) and the options are in reverse order. I'll try it and let you  know.

It'll be great to have the version within the macro, so we know if something changed.

For the UI, I'd put always the most used option on top of the rest.