The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Fix Date Inputs Default Breaking Within Collapsing Radio Button

Hello!
I found a weird bug in my travels today.

The TL:DR is that when a date input tool within the interface tool is used within a collapsing radio button, it defaults to "dd/mm/yyyy", breaking any app when this is not filled out: 

TheOC_1-1664204748655.png

Both values are default - i have not edited these values. The weirdest part is, this is Server/Private Gallery specific. When this workflow is downloaded and run within Designer:

TheOC_2-1664204837596.png

And the workflow runs fine.

I have not tested this with any of the other interface tools, however I suspect this to not be the only tool this issue resides within.

I have attached the workflow I used (not that it would take long to recreate) for testing.

3 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TheOC This bug is annoying! The error related to needing a date filled out came about in 21.4, and alteryx has been notified of the issue and will fix it in a future version. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @patrick_digan 
Cheers for getting back to me!

Oops, I should have searched a little longer to find this bug in the Community. Thanks for letting me know.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TheOC It's all good, maybe this will get it a little more visibility and a quicker fix!