Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

the workflow shows an error if it's not run for some days

Pear090828_Son_Sg
6 - Meteoroid

We encountered an issue in Alteryx testing server, we haven’t set up schedule but run manually for those workflows which are created to generate outputs for month/quarter end closing. These workflows don't work but show an error when they have not been run for some days since last run. What we are doing now is to open it from Alteryx designer and save (not "save as") it back to server, then we are able to run them again. It seems that the workflows without schedule need to be activated in Designer if it’s not run frequently. We have this issue  very often recently. Could you please kindly advise?

Here is the error message: 

• There was an unknown error executing the application. The engine reported status Error (ToolId: -1)

my email address: shaozhen.du@infor.com

5 REPLIES 5
Pear090828_Son_Sg
6 - Meteoroid

sorry, reply in a wrong place

Pear090828_Son_Sg
6 - Meteoroid

sorry, reply in a wrong place

Pear090828_Son_Sg
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks much for your update with the attached solution from a similar case. Our IT colleague helped review the log file then found out that there were web browser connections at that time, but no errors. The LogLevel for this issue is stated as “DEBUG”, and I open the workflow from Alteryx Designer and save it again, then I can run it successfully without any changes to the workflow. This issue happened to other workflows as well, please kindly advise.
Pear090828_Son_Sg
6 - Meteoroid
Dear sir: Thanks much for your update with the attached solution from a similar case. Our IT colleague helped review the log file then found out that there were web browser connections at that time, but no errors. The LogLevel for this issue is stated as “DEBUG”, and I open the workflow from Alteryx Designer and save it again, then I can run it successfully without any changes to the workflow. This issue happened to other workflows as well, please kindly advise further.