Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

automatically downlaod the result from server

wildandsi
8 - Asteroid

hi guys ,

i want to create workflow expecting csv output ,scheduled daily on server but the result is automatically download with different name 

may i have suggestion on how to do this. i could only find on server to scheduled the job based on time but i don't know how to configure this to be able to download automatically

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Not sure what you mean by automatically downloading from server, but there's an option at the bottom of the Output tool to change the file name of you CSV file. I often use this to append a timestamp to the file name, just be sure to follow Windows filename guidelines for characters that are allowed to be used as a date/time value does contain restricted characters.

wildandsi
8 - Asteroid

hi , jrgo what i mean by automatically download is this one as attached for example there is a download button on workflow result . but since this will be scheduled every 3 days. i need to produced this workflow automatically with different name every 3 days.. while the result is automatically download and i can just fetch the result out of this workflow

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @wildandsi 
Have you considered utilising the Reporting suite of tools to have this email out to you each time the workflow runs?

https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/email-tool

Bulien
wildandsi
8 - Asteroid

not yet will look into it . thanks for your suggestion