Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflow running in Gallery since long time but no responses

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

A user tried to run a workflow (which works fine on his local designer) but seems to run continuously on the Server’s Gallery. I found no options to cancel the long running job, so stopped Alteryx service & restarted again.

The workflow is not throwing any error messages in Gallery, just showing running since long time.

What should I check? How can I fix this?

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @EN6924 ,

Does this workflow connect to an external data source or something like that? 

Do you have access to the server`s designer? A good test would be to run from that designer so you can see where the delay is occurring.

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi  fmvizcaino

Yes, I have access to the server's designer but not to the workflow. The workflow has been designed and tested by a business user and he raised the query. It's running completely fine in his designer desktop, but in Gallery it's showing only running since long time but nothing appears in result.

Yes the workflow connects data from a shared drive. 

When I examined, I discovered that the service account that Alteryx has been utilizing does not have read-write access to the shared drive where the data files are stored. Is this the problem or is there another one?

Please assist.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @EN6924 ,

The workflow will throw an error if it were an access issue, but since this is a very weird behavior, let`s test if that is the case.

What is your Alteryx Server version? 

Here are some ideas:

• AMP engine: Ask the user to enable/disable the AMP engine and check the results. Sometimes your server doesn`t allow AMP engine and the workflow will stay in the queue
  • Access issues:
    • Since you mentioned the service account not having access, ask the user to send the files with the workflow when publishing instead of reading from a shared folder so that you can eliminate this as an issue or
    • Ask the user to simplify the workflow and only add an input and an output to a shared folder to check if that works

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi fmvizcaino

We are using Alteryx server version 2022.1

AMP engine: I will ask the user to check. 

srajkumarece
6 - Meteoroid

I have the same problem with the alteryx version 2022.1. The workflow is running fine in the local designer but not working well in the gallery. There is no access issue. But the reading time of the data from the database differs between the gallery schedule and the local run. How can we fix this issue? It's SQL server and I tried the SQL server and native client odbc connection as well. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @srajkumarece ,

Are you using a service account or Windows authentication? Does your server has a service account or run as credentials?

If you can, please access the Server`s designer and check if the performance issue is also occurring there. 

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi  fmvizcaino

The issue has been resolved.

dineshbabu2811
8 - Asteroid

How did you resolve it and can you explain it what are the tools used