Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Work Flow Results information

fmcrashid
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Experts

I am looking for help finding this work flow result information. where is it saved and how do i extract it for all WFs like a data feed so I can built some charts.

fmcrashid_0-1634835875928.png

4 REPLIES 4
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @fmcrashid how are you doing?

You need to read log files. You need to find where they are being saved.

If you are in the server probably you can take a look on the System Settings and find the path.

carlosteixeira_0-1634842467248.png

Or if you are using the designer only, you can check on the Options/USER SEttings Default

carlosteixeira_1-1634842538045.png

If you find it, try to use this workflow.

Carlos A Teixeira
fmcrashid
6 - Meteoroid

is this screen reading from log file or extracting it from MongoDB?

my guess it is not reading from workers and has already stored this some where else.

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @fmcrashid 

reading from log file.

Carlos A Teixeira
revathi
8 - Asteroid

@fmcrashid   Depending on the log rotation policy of your firm infrastructure, your log files may be deleted on the server after few weeks/months. if you are looking to build visualization that captures historical information, you might want to connect to MongoDB directly. I would suggest you to use AS_Queue and AS_Results collections in AlteryxService DB . Documentation on MongoDB Schema (note: data in MongoDB is retained based on persistence options enabled in systems settings, please check with your server admin) In either case, I would suggest you store the metadata (log files/rows from mongoDB) in storage (you can use Alteryx to pull the data from server/mongo and store it in storage of your choice like SQL DB or network attached storage) from where you can read the data for your transformation tool (Alteryx) or visualization tool directly.