Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Worflow with Batch Macro

7 - Meteor

Hi Team, 

I have created a batch macro and used that in a Process workflow. When publishing the workflow to the  Alteryx server to work properly.  Should i publish the Batch Macro workflow and the Process workflow using the Batch Macro separately. 

Never used a Batch Macro so not familiar.

7 REPLIES 7
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@36892362 

When you publish Process workflow to the server, go to "Manage workflow assets" and include Batch Macro. No need to publish only Batch Macro itself.

image.png

7 - Meteor

Appreicate for the quick response.  If i understand it correctly the Both the Macro and Process workflow files can be published together using the Manage workflow Assets Option.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@36892362 Yes, correct.

7 - Meteor

Thank you 👍. Will give it a try

7 - Meteor

I had made some changes to my batch macro, earlier the  Input tool was an excel file with data from one sheet and converted to  Macro Input ,

Now using the Dynamic Input tool consolidating the data in three sheets with same schema , this consolidation separately works.  But when added to the batch macro  and converting the input tool to Macro input it does not work. 

Can you anyone advise.  

7 - Meteor

when i reconfigured the settings it is working now, but some it is working and sometimes it does not work . What could be the reason

7 - Meteor

Also facing issues to call this macro using dynamic input into another workflow, it is showing errors. If i convert the input tool to Macro input it says  record does not provide sheet name.   When we use Dynamic input tool in batch macro what tool should be converted to the Macro input