Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Version History not being maintained in server version 2022.1.1 - When Replace Workflow

moinuddin
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

Previously I was using Alteryx Server version 2020.4.7 In that Whenever i was migrating the workflows from server to server [ not designer ] 

There is option of "replace workflow" - When I replaced the workflow it was replacing but not showing the updated date but it was showing up workflow name appended by V1.. V2... Vn+1

However after uploading it has become workst :(

1. After Replace workflow - it is still not showing updated workflow date.

2. Workflow name also getting replaced if same name then no name is appeneded with V1/V2....

How to maintain version history on Gallery server if workflow migration is server to server and i m replacing existing workflow n number of times ?

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @moinuddin ,

The version history from the replacement workflow disappears when replacing a workflow.

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/replace-workflow

Something like this:

fmvizcaino_0-1681221581173.png

IS this what is happening to you?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

moinuddin
7 - Meteor

Yes,
So let me tell you when this happens - 

When I upload workflow in private studio using Designer - It maintains version history.

BUT When I upload the workflow Directly from the Alteryx GAllery Admin page option  [ Go to Admin page >> Workflows >> Add Workflows >> Locate .yxzp file >> Upload ]

In the above process if I replace some existing workflow which was uplaoded previously with the same procedures it does not maintains the Version history.

Worst thing is in previous version (2020.4.7) at least it was namin new workflow wtih suffix Workflow Name _V1 / V2 /V3 But in the 2022.1.1.30961 version it does not maintains any sign of previous version.