Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Validating Workflow when All Lanes are Full

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Experts - 

I recently noticed if I save a workflow to Gallery with the "validate workflow" box checked AND all lanes are concurrently occupied on the server, the validation step will hang and Alteryx needs to be shut down.  This is similar to running a workflow on Gallery and getting "Queued" status.

Obviously the workaround is to not validate your workflow when saving but I was wondering if this is a known bug?  If so are there any plans to fix it?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Bonediggler ,

I have experienced this too. The only way currently to work around this is to do the validation on designer, while disabling the option while publishing to Gallery.

Best,

Jagdeesh Narayanan

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

HI

That's not a bug. It works in that way. When you click validate, the server queue the workflow to test the running.

Regards

José 

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Hi Jose - 

I agree testing the validity of the workflow on the server is not really a "bug".  The problem (at least for me) is that if all lanes are full, Alteryx gets stuck and you either have to 1) wait for a lane to open, which may be hours depending on your situation or 2) kill Alteryx, reopen and then resave to the Gallery without the validation box checked.

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Seems like the solution is to go on server and kill the validation job that is stuck in queue.  Much easier than shutting down designer or waiting for the lanes to open up.