Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Use Alteryx API to run Gallery Workflow

APIUserOpsGiri
7 - Meteor

I have an Admin Account created on Alteryx. I want to use Alteryx API to run a Gallery Workflow created by another user.

But when I try, I get "Access Denied" error on it. Need help to get it working.

e9b622f5-ba3d-4aaa-bf9e-559f9c04c7ce.jpg

The used one is Post API call to return the job and run it.

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Can you please verify that your user is set to Curator role in the Gallery. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@APIUserOpsGiri In my experience, you would need to use the key and secret for the user that owns the app. Even being an admin doesn't get around this limitation.   

APIUserOpsGiri
7 - Meteor

yes curator, but doesn't help. Do you know an alternate way to run as an api?

APIUserOpsGiri
7 - Meteor

Yes i did use the api and seceret key, do you know an alternate way to run as an api?

Bargeton
7 - Meteor

I have exactly the same problem!

But before that;

1)

As it was working with my own published workflow, I've developped and spent a lot of time to create a full "library" to call Alteryx API in Alteryx Workflows (execute a workflow, retrieve credential, wait until workflow finish,..) as I have to be able to chained workflows execution.

2)

Then I've also spent mutiple days to create a "Service Account" (virtual user), asking to Alteryx support and describing the purpose of this Service Account user creation...

As I'm using Windows Kerberos authentication, I must ask to IT Admin of my company to create a windows service account user, to log with it, do a lot of stuff..

Finally I try to execute a workflow with this Service Account via the API... and I get an Access Denied.

I try with my account (I've deployed myself the workflow), it works fine.

I've put full priviledge (curator, check everything) to the Service Account; try again... Access Denied.

I've put the workflow in "public"; try again... Access Denied!

I'm really disappointin with this Alteryx Server (Gallery), which more looks like an Alteryx Designer running as a server as a real server.

There is a lot of lack of basic feature (like viewer workflow execution log inside a collection).