Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Upload a connection file to alteryx server using the Dynamic Input In-DB

Leonari
5 - Atom

Hello guys, how are you?

So, I'm using the Dynamic Input In-DB component to make a dynamic query using the data from SQL and Hadoop. Running on premise it works normally, I use Text Input to pass the query from Hadoop and the connection file path from my computer. The problem is, how do I pass an In-DB connection file to the Dynamic Input In-DB tool? Is there any way that I can make the dynamic query run in the server?

Btw, my workflow is something similar to this one.

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Leonari - There are two ways that come into my mind:

1) You manually create In-DB connection on the Alteryx Server with the same names

2) You write your In-DB connection into a file and add it to your workflow as an asset, when publishing. Here is how: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Create-an-Alteryx-In-DB-Conn...  

Leonari
5 - Atom

I can't do the first one because I'm using a server that I don't have the admin role :/

So, the second one: I already have the In-DB connection file, the problem is that I can't run the dynamic input In-DB without a connection name, and I don't know which connection name I need to run it on the server. For the connection file (indbc), I'm actually using two: one for alteryx designer and the other for the server.

jessefu
5 - Atom

In the Connection Name, try 

File:[File Path]

Replace [File Path] with your actual file path without quotes or brackets.