Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Upgrade from 9.5 to 10.1

vijaysuddapalli
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade Alteryx Server from 9.5 to 10.1 but due to a known issue with Windows Server 2008, Alteryx suggests to uninstall existing version and do the installation.

Would like to understand how the job schedules can be preserved in such case and if there is a way to back up and restore them, what are the steps to perform that?

Looking for your inputs.

Thanks,
Vijay

4 REPLIES 4
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Vijay

during upgrade there will be a back up step for Mongo DB 

Please perform it 

vijaysuddapalli
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply.

As per the below note, we need to uninstall the application and MongoDB being an embedded one, it will also get uninstalled leaving no chance of restoration.

Let me know if my assumption is wrong.

Alteryx Note:

Alteryx Server and Gallery include the following known issues:

• The Alteryx installer screens may not display text correctly when Alteryx is being installed on a machine using a Windows Classic/Windows Standard theme (the default theme on Windows 2008 R2 Server OS systems). To work around this issue, stop the installation and uninstall the previous version of Alteryx using the Control Panel. After the uninstall is complete, run the installer again and the installer screens should display correctly.

Thansk,
Vijay

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

I beleive the back will take both Back up in new back up folder(Pre Alteryx MongoDB) and restore the Mongo DB in the new version 3.0 

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

ahh i did not see the Windows 2008 Issue

can you ask support@alteryx.com