Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Updating Input/Output File not working on Gallery

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've created a simple flow to show an issue I've been having on the Gallery.

My flow inputs a file with a number, every iteration of the flow adds 1 to that number, and the new number should be the current run's output and the new run's input.

RemcoV_0-1675675694111.png

When running the flow in Desktop Designer, the flow does exactly what I want it to do, however, on the server, it looks like the output isn't updated. 

Are there any solutions or work-arounds for this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Remco

8 REPLIES 8
Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @RemcoV , 

Can you please share the gallery error message to identify the cause of this issue.?

Regards, 

Ariharan R

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Ariharan ,

My flow isn't giving any error messages, my output/input is just not updating on the Gallery, while in Designer it does. 

So for example, on designer my output is 5 after a first run and 6 on a second run.

While on the gallery, my output number stays the same.

Regards,

Remco

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @RemcoV , 

If possible can you please share your workflow.? 

Regards, 

Ariharan R

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Ariharan 

Please find the workflow attached.

Regards,

Remco

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RemcoV - When you publish your workflow, please make sure that you do not include your output as an asset:

ArtApa_0-1675743962239.png

Also, Block Until Done does not make much in your workflow.

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa ,

That does still not seem to work, as I am getting the below error if I try that:

RemcoV_0-1675852673276.png

As far as the Block Until Done, I noticed after uploading as well. Probably still some leftovers from my initial flow.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RemcoV - Firstly, you need to make sure that your Alteryx Server windows account has access to the required folder. Secondly, you need to replace connection with the full UNC path. 

RemcoV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa that makes sense! I'll get in touch with my server administrator and try and working something out.

Thank you!