Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Unable to publish workflows to Alteryx Gallery

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I handle dual positions of Administrator and Developer in our account.

I keep getting the following issue while attempting to publish any workflows to our Production server:

EN6924_0-1676313944639.png

For me to be able to publish workflows, a someone with administrator access needs to provide "Artisan" or "Curator" access to my ID. Further investigation revealed that I require admin privileges on the server.

EN6924_1-1676314087738.png

When I'm trying to connect MongoDB input tool, it's throwing me error -

EN6924_2-1676314891075.png

The vendor of the Alteryx Server did not specify such access related items during installation, therefore clients are unaware of the appropriate person who grant such access. 
The person who was engaged in the Alteryx server build said he didn't know how to assign roles to people and he didn't have access to the admin portal either; also, none of the other persons have Curator or Artisan access as of right now.

Q1. If we don't have access to the Server's administrative privileges, is there another method to grant a user "Curator" access?

Q2. Any solutions to the problems with the MongoDB input tool when I don't have admin access to that server? Although usernames and passwords are optional, we are still seeing the error "AlteryxGallery - Missing"

Q3. Customers advised contacting Alteryx Support, but they lacked any phone numbers or email addresses. 

Whom should we approach?

Need assistance

5 REPLIES 5
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

You can open a case with alteryx support here using the "submit a case" portion at the bottom. There is also support@alteryx.com that should work but I believe they prefer that portal.

Granting curator access depends on how users are loaded into the gallery. It could be using AD groups or manual assigning to groups/roles.

If you can find out who has admin access on the server to open the Alteryx System Settings app, you can find the default gallery administrator in the Gallery section on the Authentication page. You can contact that person to add you and/or others to the curator role or update the credentials to someone else using the appropriate method for whichever login method was setup (SAML, windows auth, etc.)

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @EN6924 - You will benefit, if you will watch the Alteryx Server administration training: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Alteryx-Server-Administration/ta-p/1060487

Then, you should be able to run Systems Settings:

ArtApa_1-1676329686739.png

In the Systems Settings you will be able to setup a default gallery administrator:

ArtApa_2-1676329819872.png

NOTICE: Please don't change authentication method!!!

More information is available in the documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/server 

EN6924
10 - Fireball

@ArtApa

Unable to open System settings as I don't have the Administrator privilege to this Server I'm referring to. 

Need to contact Alteryx Support think so

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

When I attempt to submit a case, I am directed to another page where I must fill out some information.

EN6924_0-1676359071772.png

I tried to login with my company mail id and getting error -

EN6924_1-1676359184665.png

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I am able to open the Alteryx system settings and ran the workflow -

EN6924_0-1676361567083.png

I can see no one has 'Curator' or 'Artisan' access. 

What is Evaluated? 

What should I do next?