Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Try to use the REST API to retrieve DCM credentials but getting blanks

Jie_DvW
8 - Asteroid
Have anyone tried using the DCM credential API - GET /v3/credentials? We just getting blank results. I am set up as a curator on the server and able to run other APIs but this one does not seem to return any data.

credential API.png

7 REPLIES 7
TimN
13 - Pulsar

I ran the api using Postman and it worked.  If you have postman, it might be worth setting up and trying there.

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/en/server/api-overview/alteryx-server-api-v3/how-to-use-postman.html#...

Jie_DvW
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for for the response. I also tried in postman and just get a blank response as well.

postman credential error.png

In the gallery, we definitely have some entries.

gallery cache.png

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Could it be you have no Credentials set up?  /v3/credentials returns credentials set up on the Gallery.  Check the Gallery and see if any exist.  I've attached my results from the gallery and Postman.  I only have one credential set up and it's returned from the api.  I'm on 2021.4 but I also saw this

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/api-overview/alteryx-server-api-v3/server-api-v3-objects/...

These apis are not available on the release I'm on but maybe you're on a higher release and can use them.

TimN
13 - Pulsar
Jie_DvW
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Tim, we definitely have credentials - 3 synced from designer and one I created manually in the gallery but none of these are returned by the API. Other APIs work such as get users etc.cred.png 

TimN
13 - Pulsar

I'm on an older release but can you go on to Gallery Admin and check under the credentials tab there?  The endpoint v3\credentials is an Admin one and it's pulling the credentials found under admin\Credentials tab.  I'm thinking DCM Credentials are or will be a different endpoint.

Jie_DvW
8 - Asteroid

You are correct. The existing API only works admin credentials and it does not return the user credentials. With the admin credentials it does not retrieve the actual id and password so it is kind of no use to us. I will raise a feature request. Appreciate all the help.