Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server v2022.3 Versioning Control not working

taxguy33
8 - Asteroid

We have recently installed Server v2022.3 and the patch that supposedly fixed version history bugs. We are now noticing that the Version # is now changing each time we upload a new version of an existing workflow (i.e., 1 goes to 2, 2 goes to 3, etc.).  However, if I try to revert back to a prior version (i.e., goes back to 2 from version 3, etc) and attempt to run a prior workflow version - the latest and greatest workflow version will always be the one attempted to run (i.e., if 3 is newest, but I revert to 2 - 3rd version is the version run regardless of reverting back to 2nd version).

This is a major issue that basically makes the idea of versioning controls obsolete on v2022.3 - this needs to be addressed by Alteryx.

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The owner of the workflow will always run by default the latest version, regardless of what is the one set as published. Other users and schedules should always run the published version. If you are experiencing anything different than this, please reach out to support.