Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server Usage Report Additions!

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

Could someone help modify the Server Usage report to include the abilities below?

1) Add Queue Time in seconds.  There is currently Execution Time however it would be nice to create visualizations around queue time.

2) Add a field indicating if workflow was ran Manual vs Scheduled.  Would be nice to filter between the two.

3) AppExecutions show one entry for when the workflow was saved to Server and additional entries for each time the workflow was run in Server.  However there is no way to differentiate.  I would like to see server performance and be able to EXCLUDE entries for workflows saved to Server.  These saves typically last just 5-20 seconds and will skew the results when looking at avg execution time, queue time, etc.  Open to suggestion for what this field should be called and the 2 values.

2 REPLIES 2
bertal34
8 - Asteroid

I have figured out how to add 1 & 2 but not sure on 3.

Another thing I'm trying to add to the AppExecutions output is the Author of each workflow.  The Runner information is there for the user who executed but not the Author or Studio owner.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @bertal34 , 

I agree that we can use calculated fields in Tableau to achieve the desired results for the first two cases. However, if we want to distinguish between the published and normal execution, we can refer to the As_queue and As_Results table in MongoDB. The entries with .yxmd or .yxzp extensions are considered as the published ones, and there will be only one entry. To my knowledge, there is no other way to differentiate between the entries for published and execution.

Regards, 

Ariharan Rengasamy