Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server Host Recovery: "Set server secret failed: The server secret must be 40 characters"

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up a new Sandbox environment that mirrors our production server and am following the steps provided in this article: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/server/server-host-recovery-guide (setting up this old version with test migration and usage of 2022.3)

I am on Part 1 step 7 trying to change the server controller token to that of the production server.

"Set the Controller token to the value from the original Server.
Note: Running this command will update the <StorageKeysEncrypted> value in the RuntimeSettings.xml file on the target machine.
Command: AlteryxService.exe setserversecret={ControllerTokenValue}"

The AlteryxService is off and I am running the command as an admin but am getting an error that is telling me "Set server secret failed: The server secret must be 40 characters" even though I've manually counted and used multiple character counter apps that all say the token I'm entering is 40 characters. I've tried editing the command slightly removing spaces or .exe and even typing everything manually but I'm still getting the same error.

Any help or ideas are very appreciated!

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2
KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

I see curly brackets in your command, did you try the command without them?

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

@KPOLU Thanks! Ya the instructions made it seem like it was bracketed.