Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input tool Authentication Error On Server

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community!  I am hoping some one has experienced this before.  I was able to run the Salesforce input tool successfully on my desktop with out issues.  When I transfer it to the server and run it I receive the following error "{'error': 'invalid_grant', 'error_description': 'authentication failure'}". From what I have researched this error is a result of how the tool is encrypting the credentials on the local machine.

Has anyone found a fix for this by modifying the computer registry or python code of the tool itself?

3 REPLIES 3
Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan

I remember working on a similar issue with you in the past where the latest publish tableau tool was having issues with its encryption when being passed from the desktop to the server.   Do you remember what the fix was that made this work?  I am wondering if the solution for that problem might help point me in the right direction to fix my current issue with the Salesforce input tool and its encryption issues. 

Thank you for everything that you do!

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

I was able to figure out the issue based on a problem that existed with the Tableau Output tool.  THANK YOU! @patrick_digan  .  It appears that updating a registry item on the local computer as well as the server solved my issue.  The fix is below.

Spoiler
  1. Type regedit in Windows Start Menu
  2. Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
  3. Right click and select New > String Value
  4. Set the KeyName to PythonAllowHideEncryption and the Value to true
    patrick_digan_0-1650635274873.png

dwfiv
5 - Atom

This did not work for me.  Got any other suggestions?