Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Run Tool file Error in Private Gallery Only

MotorolaMatt
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Fellow Teryx-sters,

I am experiencing an error in my private Gallery for the attached workflow, which uses an XCOPY command to copy/paste templates for future writes. This works fine in Designer. The RUN tool is inside of a batch macro

The error says "Error opening the file "Record #1: Tool #9: D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\9112_4f6972e2733749a8b603405d0efdb0c2\_externals\1\Copy Template.bat": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (123) (ToolId: -1)"

I am packaging the BAT file when uploading to the server. Weirdly enough, the .BAT file seems to run fine, it just spits out this error, preventing my outputs from being displayed.

Here is how my run tool is configured.

MotorolaMatt_0-1670546889403.png

Please see file attached. Anybody willing to solve this will very graciously be awarded the "Answer" tag with a huge thumbs up. 👍

Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MotorolaMatt 

1) Can you attempt to change the new file path to a shorter file path to see if this resolves your issue?

2) Does the server machine/worker machine have access to the .bat file?

Are you essentially trying to move a file(s) from one location to another?

Here is another method that can be leveraged to accomplish moving files from one location to another.

Hope this helps.

MotorolaMatt
6 - Meteoroid

Was able to solve this by taking moving the Bat file to %Temp% and taking the run tool out of the batch macro, it was unnecessary.

MotorolaMatt_0-1670575572299.png