Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Problem with File Browse Tool On Gallery and Downstream Macro

Mike_Olson
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have an app I'm trying to run on the gallery where the user selects a file from a file browse tool and that file path gets passed through into a downstream macro.

It seems that the file browse tool is staging the file and that file is inaccessible to downstream Macros.  The path passed through is something like:

In_62fd5c50b138000077027499\TEST_CASE.xlsx|`Sheet1$`

And the downstream macro gives the following error on the Gallery run:

• Record #1: Tool #14: Can't find the file: "E:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\9504_bdd7ad3a94f7446dbb9ddbe4ccb62c9a\_externals\1\In_62fd5c50b138000077027499\TEST_CASE.xlsx". Make sure the file path is correct. (Tool Id: 78)\

How can I use the selected file in my downstream macros?  I'm taking the data and uploading it to a database and then running processes using the data, so I need to make sure that the upload step completes before further downstream processes, and apparently the way to do that is to use a Batch Macro to do the upload as the workflow waits for those to complete before moving on.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mike_Olson ,

You could save the file first and then open it later in your macro. Does this make sense? If not, please provide more information or screenshots of your workflow so I can see what is happening.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino