Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Link up Workflows and Run them in Server by "ONE Click"

hysteria00
5 - Atom

Dear Alteryx experts, I would like to obtain your professional advice on how to organize the workflows and allow user to run the workflows by a single click of RUN button.

The story is that my team is working on hundreds of sources files. And each file comes with unique format. Therefore, I have 2 designers to work on the multiple workflows that:

(1) reading each source file and generating intermediate result sets or files with consistent layout; (one workflow per one source)

(2) reading the intermediate result sets or files, performing validation and generating the final output for data upload to another application. (one workflow for this process)

However, if we combine (1) and (2) above into a single workflow, the canvas size is overwhelming, and it is totally a nightmare for future maintenance. But if we don't do so, how can user run all the processes with only clicking the RUN button once when we put the workflow(s) in Alteryx server?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You can creat a workflow that will call the execution of other workflows through API calls. See this article on the Server Runner macros: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Workflow-Orchestration-with-Alteryx-Server-2021-4-and-... 

hysteria00
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot for your advice. Really appreciate that 😀

I'll ask my teammates to try that.