Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Intermittent failures to write into shared folder

KarolisGrsk
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have issues with writing files into a shared folder. Alteryx Server keeps throwing intermittent access errors that seemingly happen at random times.

My setup:

• Shared folder and Alteryx Server are are on different machines.
  • Alteryx Server is using the same service account which has read/write access to the shared folder.
  • Error happens while trying to write into any type of files, loading Macro's from a shared folder or while Alteryx is saving a .bak file.

Attached is a log screenshot I extracted from MongoDB. A test workflow was scheduled every 3minutes to attempt and write a .xlsx file.

Basically trying to figure out where to start the investigation here. Are there any things that I should check on the Alteryx Server side?

gYEd2xxd6I.png

3 REPLIES 3
KarolisGrsk
5 - Atom

To add to the story.

I created a shared folder on the same machine as Alteryx Server and set the output tools to write into the shared folder path.

I am getting no errors this way.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @KarolisGrsk 

As a best practice, it's always recommended to store all file inputs/outputs in a network location that the Server machine can access. The client machine should also be able to access these files.

If there is a run as a user configured on the Server machine, then this user will also need access.

If you are outputting to multiple sheets or files in a workflow or the same file in a workflow, I would recommend using the Block Until Done tool.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

udaya_chennupati
5 - Atom

Block Until is also not helpful. Still facing the same error. Can anyone please let me know if there is any other solution for this?