Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Hyperlink Output

kcoonrod02
5 - Atom

I have an app that essentially creates an excel file for end users to be able to further work in. All files are saved in a consistent location but have different names and data. When I am running this app in desktop, I am able to open the file directly. In a perfect world, this same process would be possible in the alteryx gallery, but since I don't want them downloading a separate copy of the file (and then risking it not being resaved in the right location, etc.), I decided I would try and output a hyperlink to the file path on our network.

I looked through several forum posts, and right now I have the file name and path as fields that feed into a report text (formatted as <Link [File Name:A]|[Destination Path:A]> and creating another new field) and then a Render tool. The only way I've been able to get the link to show as an output in gallery is with the following configuration. 

Screenshot 2024-01-22 133430.png

This produces the link as I would expect, but unfortunately when I click on said link nothing happens. Hovering over it does show the file path that I would expect. 

• Is there a better way to generate an output that would link to or directly open a file from a gallery saved app?
  • If this is the right approach, why would my link not actually work?
  • Bonus question: If I am going to continue with the pcxml output, is there a way to remove the option to download it? I feel like it would only cause confusion.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 134859.png

Thank you!

Kat

0 REPLIES 0